16 June 2009

THE DECEASED


One of many bands that I can find virtually zero information about. The KFTH site (here) has no bio, and I can't say with any certainty even which of the four listed demos i am listening to. What I can say, is that these three tracks are fucking ruling, lo-fi UK punk. Sneering vocals, and drums pegged way into the red...it's endlessly amazing to me that bands made demos sound so fucking good with no money and no experience, punks have been trying to recreate the sound of the early 80s tapes for 25+ years, always always unsuccessfully. Apparently, the band changed the songs on the demo after they made the covers...but whatever the reason, there is only one song that is printed on the cover that made it onto my copy, and that track, "Anarchy On Sat. Night" is recorded so poorly that on this 25 year old cassette, it is not listenable. More demos to follow....

THE DECEASED

No comments: