10 October 2009

BLACK SOLSTICE

Sparse dark new wave from 1987.  BLACK SOLSTICE are as political as any anarcho band from the early 90s, and actually with a slightly different presentation I can easily see some of these tracks being offered up as arty anarcho punk.  Vocalist Michelle (the sole other member is a chap called Al) instantly brings to mind the vocalist for the band CYANIDE SCENARIO, about whom I know even less than I know about BLACK SOLSTICE (which is really nothing), so it should go without saying that I would love to know more (especially about CYANIDE SCENARIO...their demo put me on my ear for a fucking month, I'll be posting it eventually).  So here comes the fall, it's starting to get a little gloomier out (even here in sunny California) and now here's some music to go along with the falling leaves and the gray skies.  Who ever said I wasn't here to help?

2 comments:

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

gave it a shot not my cup of tea and i like alot of strange stuff i'm not only uk82 happen to love pink floyd not very punk rock of me to admit too fuck it.

the wizard said...

yeah, I would never pretend that this release (or anything I post) is for everyone. I think that BLACK SOLSTICE might appeal to some punk fans, but plenty would certainly hate it as well. as for PINK FLOYD? fuck it man, some of that shit is absolutely amazing, nothing wrong with admitting it!
cheers...