27 March 2010

7th PLAGUE


Dreary punk from Wolverhampton courtesy of 7th PLAGUE and their second demo tape. "Brave Face" could easily have been the blueprint for a band who planned to move onto mainstream schlock, but fortunately it is followed by the ominous guitar and sinister laugh that starts "Painful Death" and things only look up from there. "In The Name Of Progress" is a single-worthy UK punk burner drenched in saxophone, it's followed with "Frenzy," that could be the unsung flip side of that non-existeant single, and then they mix in some live recordings (including a rougher/better version of "Brave Face") including the killer "For Kingdom & Country." I know fuckall about the band, but expect their first demo in the coming weeks.



I used to post tapes from my home state of Oklahoma every Sunday. I stopped. I still have more gems, but if I keep up this once a week shit then you, my valued followers, will have to slog through SLUGFUZLE tapes, maybe even some more BLEMISH, and no one wants that. My pal Ross has a great Oklahoma only blog set up here, and I highly recommend checking it out...FACE FIRST EP went up most recently, and that thing fucking rips. Cheers...

3 comments:

ALT-82 said...

MANY THANKS FOR THE DEMO AND SEE IF YOU WANTED SOME TIME AGO "ANABOLLIC STEROIDS" LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT IS WHAT IS GOOD, THANKS.

ALT.

Henk said...

Thank you very much!

The songs 'Brave Face' and 'Painful Death' ended up on the V/A 7" titled 'Aristocrap' with the bands 'Pulex Irritans' and 'Vendetta' which seem to shared members over the years as well as some of those bands members went on to 'Contempt'.
(vocalist Borstal sang for them twice i think i've read in some famous book)

looking forward to their 1st demo as I've always liked their track on the V/A Bullshit Detector Three LP - 'rubber bullets.

Again thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I´m searching for he x tape of the plague (76-81).you got it? nice blog!!!