10 September 2013

16 BLÅSARE UTAN HJÄRNA


Crucial late '80s Swedish hardcore punk, 16 BLÅSARE UTAN HJÄRNA defy subgenre pigeonholes but lay down some of the most insanely essential hardcore. Melodic but dark, the guitar work could easily be viewed as a precursor to primitive black metal while the frenetic pace owes more to RAPED TEENAGERS or Spain's ROUSE (though perhaps it would be more accurate to say that ROUSE owe their sound to 16 B.U.H.) and the songwriting begs comparisons to some of the more original US hardcore of the mid '80s. I know this might not make any sense, but it's as if HERESY started cranking out melodic punk if only because it sounds like 16 B.U.H. want to play at breakneck speed but are trying desperately to hold themselves back. I was planning to post the BHOPAL STIFFS demo today, but that tape reminded me of this one and I realized that I'm playing a show with MOB 47 tonight, so I'll put the BHOPAL STIFFS up tomorrow. You'll like it, I promise. I don't have a cover for this tape, but the internet tells me it looks like this:

And RITUAL CONTROL is playing with MOB 47 tonight. That shit is crazy...





2 comments:

zhollows said...

Wow! I want to go to that show! And this tape is good also.

Zen said...

I hope you're seeing my comments, because I think Identity's 1990 demo would compliment this well!