26 September 2013

RHINOCERVS


I was hanging out with an old friend who is more well versed in the world of metal (black, death, new wave of british heavy....all of it) than I am, a friend who is also much more articulate than I am, so I asked him what he thought about and how to describe RHINOCERVS (it was part of a larger discussion involving the Crepusculo Negro/Black Twilight scene). His response was simple and blunt: "They are the most compelling current North American Black Metal band." Exactly. You don't just put it on and rock out, these songs consume you, and while I do not think that this is the best RHINOCERVS release (that distinction falls on RHINOCERVS 11), these bleak sounds are nothing if not compelling. Total desperation and maximum intensity.


Unrelated:
Many of you have sent messages requesting re-ups, I will get to them soon. I do a lot of things and manage my time poorly, this is a deadly combination.

3 comments:

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

RIP OFFS.

Robert Dornenburg said...

Amazing quality on this upload. Great work. I tend to gravitate more toward the Rhinocervs collective than BTC. There's something way more intense about not knowing anything about these dudes. And the indigenous stuff gets a bit tiring...As far as best RH release? 14 gets my vote.

id said...

i love the artwork as well. it adds to the all consuming atmosphere! thanks for this!