20 November 2013

JANUSZ REICHEL // GUERNICA Y LUNO


The concept of putting two completely different artists on a split is a good one, but the execution often leaves a bit to be desired...that's certainly not the case here. GUERNICA Y LUNO are charging, passionate hardcore - hints of metallic influence in the guitars and and brilliantly forceful vocals. JANUSZ REICHEL played in ZIMA during the late '80s, but these tracks are haunting psychedelic folk weirdness, acoustic guitars and layered vocals work together to create a mood that is hard to shake even after the tape is over. I would have thought the hardcore tracks would be my jam, but even though they are great I find myself drawn to the quiet intensity of the acoustic material...and I wish my Polish was better. 

Abyś Wiedział, Że Nigdy Nie Przegrasz

3 comments:

MMC said...

Great cassette. I really liked the a cappella tune "Ratunbku Policja." I also really dig the idea of pairing a weirdo folk band with a hardcore band… Kinda makes you have to take a step back and really think about what you are listening to…

rob74 said...

This split arose because janusz reichel word radical also had to pass. to this day I have them in my head - beautiful songs about important matters!

robert74 said...

This split arose because janusz reichel word radical also had to pass. to this day I have them in my head - beautiful songs about important matters!