19 July 2014

GNIEU//LASCOWIEC


You see, this is the trouble with black metal. You get a tape from the used section because it looks like it might be cool - it's a band from Belarus and a band from the Bay Area and it looks cool so it's worth a gamble....right? And then the Belarusian band starts with a song called "Blue-Eyed Land's Horizon Will Flare With Fiery Crimson" and I'm all like shit I got me some weird NSBM nonsense here? but I can't really tell. So do I chuck it? Or do I listen and acknowledge that these are sounds that have no relationship to or affect on my life in any actual sense, and perhaps I can listen to them with objective ears? I honestly don't know, because these things are important and intent trumps sound any fukkn day in my book....but I'm unclear here. GNEIU are outsider black metal, a chaotic onslaught of aural misanthropy -  the meandering shoegazing of "Disobedient Spirit Of Wind" followed by the nonstop whirr "Breathtaking Taste of Enemy Blood" with no apparent direction other than total destruction. The shit is intense and introverted, but explosive and dangerous. LASCOWIEC are at least more understandable, if not digestible. Buried blasts of treble ridden agony, a call to harsh winters never known (c'mon man, these dudes are from the Bay Area), this is relentless, pained black metal in the most base and classic sense. It's also really weird sounding, so digest that info however you like. I don't know what either of these bands are like, what either of these bands believe, or what either of these bands are into, but I know that "Before The Birth Of Storm" is a super heavy track....so there's that. Metal is hard.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get irked while people
think about worries that they plainly don't know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the
whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

my site gold watches; ,

Anonymous said...

I think that spam comment might have actually been relevant to this post...

the wizard said...

I couldn't tell if it was spam or google translate....

Anonymous said...

this is definitely nsbm/nazi musicians. i'm sure Lascowiec would say their band isn't nsbm, but they are down with it. Gnieu is definitely nsbm. it's thought that nsbm band Sunchariot is a project by the Lascowiec folks.