24 March 2010

VIVID SEKT/BOG PEOPLE


Portland's VIVID SEKT passed through the Bay Area again last week, and they were stellar once again.  Dark and dreary early 80s UK punk worship with a frontman who almost gets the pitch right - but it's the 'almost' that makes this shit so good. "Captive" will be stuck in your head for days.  Not ones to travel alone, VS brought their pals BOG PEOPLE along for the ride, and after drilling their demo into my brain repeatedly I knew it was going to be good. BOG PEOPLE share one member with VIVID SEKT, and share a drummer with the mighty NERVESKADE (yeah, Portland has a few good bands), but their attack is something entirely different from either. Noisy and chaotic UK82 styled shits to be sure, but there is something off kilter about BOG PEOPLE that make them stand out, and the guitar sounds like they rescued the tracks from a dumpster (that's a good thing).  Two songs from each, I recommend getting amongst this shit.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

upload the bog people tape! i want that shit on my mp3 player!! please!

matt said...

i saw these bands play last night (along with rabia al systema and mata mata) by the la river under a train bridge powered by a generator with a hundred punks bouncing around feeling SO ALIVE ! its amazing what the punks can make happen when they come together, AND how fast they can collect and scatter when the COPS show up! look out world, there is some RAD SHIT going on in LA!

yellow.eyes said...

Do the Bog People demo already ;)

the wizard said...

I would LOVE to post the BOG PEOPLE tape! But alas, I passed my copy along to a pal in Asia, knowing I was going to get a new copy. Which I did this past Friday. And it's fucking blank. I figure those dudes owe me $4 and an apology...